A safe space and a place to enjoy music.
I strongly believe in creating a safe space for students to feel welcome. To maintain such an environment for music lessons there are guidelines that must be followed when entering and being in this space - not only for safety, but for health reasons as well. Due to the COVID-19 situation some of these rules may seem over the top, but I'm simply trying to keep us all healthy.
- All students are to maintain social distancing. We all have a bubble. Respect the bubble.
- In-person lessons will require a cloth mask. I will be wearing one as well.
- If a student has even a mild illness their lessons will be done online until they have recovered.
- Students must come equipped with all of their necessary materials. This includes sheet music, picks, drumsticks, etc. I will not be providing "back ups" for use.
- The parent/guardian must be within earshot of in-person lessons - ie. the waiting area of my home studio.
- For younger children, the parent/guardian may be asked to sit in and assist with the lessons.
- Food and beverages will not be provided. If necessary a student may bring their own filled water bottle.
As in-person music lessons will be in my home/residence I will be diligently cleaning and sanitizing my space. Shared instruments like the drumsets will be wiped down and sanitized after every student use.