A safe space and a place to enjoy music.
I strongly believe in creating a safe space for students to feel welcome. To maintain such an environment for music lessons there are guidelines that must be followed when entering and being in this space - not only for safety, but for health reasons as well. Due to the COVID-19 situation some of these rules may seem over the top, but I'm simply trying to keep us all healthy.
- All students are to maintain social distancing. We all have a bubble. Respect the bubble.
- In-person lessons will require a cloth mask. I will be wearing one as well.
- If a student has even a mild illness their lessons will be done online until they have recovered.
- Students must come equipped with all of their necessary materials. This includes sheet music, picks, drumsticks, etc. I will not be providing "back ups" for use.
- The parent/guardian must be within earshot of in-person lessons - ie. the waiting area of my home studio.
- For younger children, the parent/guardian may be asked to sit in and assist with the lessons.
- Food and beverages will not be provided. If necessary a student may bring their own filled water bottle.
As in-person music lessons will be in my home/residence I will be diligently cleaning and sanitizing my space. Be warned! I do have a small dog and that could pose problems for those will allergies. During lesson times he will not be around, but there may still be allergy issues. Shared instruments like the drumsets will be wiped down and sanitized after every student use.